51Testing | Software Testing Service Provider | Wednesday, 4th Nov. 2020
For each project, it definitely goes through many different stages. And trial and tests will take to ensure the project can work when it goes online. In all these stages, the most important is quality control.
Today, we will discuss quality control through the following three aspects.
What is quality management?
The quality management of each project in each field is to ensure that the developed products or services will bring great value to the company. Quality management is not a stagnant process. It can only display after the product is fully developed. It is a continuous process, a circle from the first day of production to the day of delivery. To understand what quality control is, we need to understand what we mean when we refer to the word quality. The following are the two most important aspects of quality control:
Process Quality: If you are a project manager, it is your job to create and maintain all product development processes.
Product Quality: Product quality is related to the actual service or product the company wants to launch.
What are the benefits of quality management?
When it comes to the quality management process, the benefits are manifold as follows:
The first and most important benefit is the quality of management, product with quality management will be clearly superior in terms of stability than the products without this process.
This will ensure that existing and potential users to benefit from the excellent products and services, and to attract more new users.
When we take quality management as a part of the service and production process, please make sure that if necessary, a backup plan will be used to seamlessly execute the planning and testing of the product at all stages.
When the process goes smoothly without any obstacles, it will produce results with a healthy workflow and establish an unbreakable connection between the company and the client. When all these steps are taken, the collaboration and the trust between the team will strengthen, which will make the team and the stakeholders work closer and reduce the conflict between each other in the future.
Basic steps of a quality management plan
It is a brilliant idea to invest in a quality management plan at the beginning of every project.
If there is a QA team, they must be responsible for formulating the quality management plan. When they create the plan and get everyone’s approval, everyone involved must understand the plan, get the detail of the plan, and put forward their own opinions. These are the eight basic steps required to create an effective quality management plan.
1. Ensure that everyone in the team knows the importance of quality to the entire production process and the entire project.
2. Divide the responsibilities to be performed in the quality management process and determine the specific person in charge.
3. Choose the software and hardware standards that conform to the plan. The main factors are hardware and hardware generation, web browser and version, Internet connection requirements, operating system and version, screen resolution, expected number of concurrent users, etc.
4. Specifies the acceptance criteria for the quality management process.
5. Promote developers to participate in testing.
6. Perform quality checks on the deployment pipeline.
7. Create a regression test when the version is released.
8. Organize the results of these steps, analyze the report and the risks.
Quality management is a difficult and lengthy process, which will often encounter unexpected challenges. Although many tools and technologies can provide a lot of help, we can’t solve the human cause well, so the focus of the quality inspection is the management of relevant personnel.
51Testing is glad to share software testing & QA knowledge with our friends!