How to Become A Game Tester? |Tutorial &Beginner’s Guide of Game Testing (1)
51Testing | Software Testing Service Provider |Monday, 23th Nov. 2020
Before you start your game testing career, you need to know the members of a game development team, their main work, and the workflow.
- The game development team, main work and workflow
Generally, a game development team is composed of producer, planner, programmer, game artist, and game tester.
A producer is the manager of the project who is in charge of game research and development, game operation, team management, and all affairs of the project.
The work of a planner includes plot design, system rules design, numerical design, and game level design.
While for the game artists, scenario, UI, original painting, and animation are their main jobs.
Usually, programmers are divided into front-end engineers and back-end engineers. The front-end engineer takes charge of the presentation and logic of the client-side, while the back-end engineer is responsible for the verification of logic and data of the server-side.
2. The game development process
- Producer: Set the goal of the project.
- Planner: Split the project goal into detailed requirements and present it with copywriting.
- Programmer: Present the requirements with code and fine art while the tester writes test cases.
- Tester: Quality assurance of the project, and give feedback of the defects found to the team.
The following part will focus on the main job of a game tester and the basic workflow of game testing. Stay tuned.